[PD] Compiling Externals using MinGW / MSYS on Windows

Ricky Graham rickygrahammusic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 04:54:14 CET 2016

Hi folks,

I’m attempting to compile on a Windows 7 machine running the most recent version of MinGW. I’m using Katja's pd-lib-builder (https://github.com/pure-data/pd-lib-builder <https://github.com/pure-data/pd-lib-builder>). My MinGW installer states that I have Make v. 3.81 installed (required to compile using Katja’s project). However, when I check Make version on MSYS shell, it states that the version is 3.7, thus not allowing me to compile. I cannot find any documentation anywhere on how to upgrade Make. I suspect something isn’t pointing where it should. Does anyone have any ideas why MSYS shell would report an older version of Make despite what my MinGW installer is telling me?

All the best,

Ricky