[PD] How's Pd limited?

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Feb 23 15:24:23 CET 2016

On 2/22/2016 11:40 PM, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list wrote:
> > Max have features like auto-align horizontally/vertically
>
> Pd-l2ork has this, too-- "Tidy Up" in the Edit menu.  It's a little
> strange-- if you click it once it will sweep the selected objects into a
> "pile", and if you click again it will fan them out like a deck of
> cards.  But it can work well for some situations.

This is because in pd-l2ork first press on tidy up aligns objects to the
closest axis. This can sometimes make objects overlap, even though they
are aligned across a desired axis (e.g. if you duplicate an object a
couple times and then try to align it with duplicated objects). That is
why there is the second press which spaces out objects according to the
shortest space between them unless the shortest space is an actual
overlap in which case it respaces it by a default spacing value that is
applied to the right side of the object to the left. Now, if you can
understand what I wrote in one read, go get yourself (if age < 21 &&
location == USA; then popsicle; else beer;)