[PD] How's Pd limited?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 18:52:16 CET 2016

> if you like your fancy gui's, use them!
Pd's GUI is plain and limited, yes.  But what it lacks in beauty it makes up for in tcp socket chatter.
-Jonathan

    On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:02 PM, david medine <dmedine at ucsd.edu> wrote:

  One thing I'd be interested in knowing about is what (if anything) someone tried to do in Pd, but couldn't given its limitations (apart from look/feel/convenience  issues).

 On 2/23/16 8:54 AM, Matt Barber wrote:

 This thread has inspired me to work on a fork called Pd-limited.
 On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 11:27 AM, jamal crawford <threen52 at ml1.net> wrote:

  hi list
    >Max have features like auto-align horizontally/vertically and align and route patch cords which is very useful to >organize patch cords and make the  thinks more readable. I like them a lot.
    this is so old. this comparing .... so old.
  if you like your fancy gui's, use them! have you heard of OSC? just dump whatever you want thru it and run a headless instance of pd, where you recieve it. nobody will even notice. are you a nerd or just pretending :P
  sorry no offence .)
  peace
    ~/.jc