[PD] Cyclone future

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 23:49:28 CET 2016

I don't see why everyone is discussing names when we haven't even settled
the issue of bracket placement.
-Jonathanae85b0319a14998c24b317d7e9de8352

    On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 4:59 PM, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> wrote:

 I think it's wisest to leave cyclone as it is (except for maintenance updates)
and, if you want to write objects for compatibility with newer versions of
Max simply start another library.  It won't be any trouble for people to
install both of them, and the cyclone code is probably best left alone (as
is much of Pd) just because it's old and you wouldn't want to be stuck with
old ways of doing things.

Also, the 'name 'cyclone', although witty, has an unfortunate resonance for
certain Europeans... I think it's best left alone.

cheers
Miller