[PD] Parallel Audio Processing (Was: How's Pd limited?)

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Wed Feb 24 14:59:30 CET 2016

Another possibility for at least some degree of parallel audio processing, I guess, is to use streaming objects + several instances of Pd.  I tried out [udpsend~] and [udpreceive~] (taken from the "net" library in Pd extended) and they seem to work reliably. Of course there is some latency envolved and it's no practical solution for our future 100 core machines :-p.

What are in your experience the best methods for sharing audio via different Pd instances?
And does anyone know the current status of "Audio over OSC"? I found this paper from 2010 http://iem.kug.ac.at/fileadmin/media/iem/projects/2010/jaeger.pdf

Christof