[PD] How's Pd limited?

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 23:11:52 CET 2016

How fine-grained does it need to be? As long as all the parameters are
known at the beginning of the block, you have everything you need. As far
as human interaction is concerned, 64-sample blocks are extremely
fine-grained. The individual cycles of the pitches at the beginning of
Beethoven's 5th are coarser grained. For computer generated events, there
are ways to schedule events to begin in the middle of a block.

The idea of a kind of Pd JIT compiler is interesting, though.