[PD] -path subfolders ?...

Antoine Rousseau antoine at metalu.net
Wed Feb 24 23:35:41 CET 2016

I don't think it's currently possible.
It could definitively be a feature request to allow the use of wildcards in
preferences paths, like "~/pd-externals/myLib/*"... But I would say it's
not trivial to implement to the code.

A workaround is to write a subpatch where you [declare -path] all your
subfolders, and copy this subpatch where needed. It currently also works if
you nest your list of [declare]s into an abstraction (which makes it easier
to copy in application patches), but I hope it will still be the case in
the future.

> Antoine Rousseau wrote:
>
>> you can use [foo/bar] to call a patch file "bar.pd" located into a
>> directory named "foo" which is findable by search paths.
>>

> i'm aware of that. but what if there are 50 or more subfolders inside the
> main directory ?
>
> what i was looking for, was a kind of "trick" that i could use to avoid
> having to know and type ALL possible subfolders of a searchpath in the PD
> startup script with the -path switch.
>
> say, i have a series of abstractions or libraries that get dynamically
> loaded and i don't want to put them all into one folder, but into several
> subfolders that make organisation easier.
>
> right now ia have to literally define any subfolder to make sure PD finds
> it. is there any workaround for that ? like special characters ?
>
> thanks
>
> oliver

Antoine Rousseau
  http://www.metalu.net <http://metalu.net> __