[PD] How's Pd limited?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 15:19:09 CET 2016

> Two example I can think of. One-sample delay/feedback for filter design
> etc. And real-time zero-crossing detection with sample-rate precision.

you can do that in Pd vanilla with a single object: [fexpr~]

like I said, I guess there's nothing you can do in gen~ that you can't in
Pd, either as a patch or in [fexpr~]. Perhaps the selling point of gen~ is
being more efficient. But hey, I was just wondering how heavier Max/MSP is
altogether with the whole interface and all. I mean, you can run Pd easily
on a raspberry pi 0...

But in terms of efficiency, I guess nothing beats SuperCollider.

cheers