[PD] Messed font files

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Feb 25 16:33:42 CET 2016

On 02/25/2016 04:21 PM, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 10:10 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
> wrote:

>> http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/debian-ubuntu-linux-reinstall-a-package-using-apt-get-command/

>>> That worked! Actually the command was "sudo apt-get install --reinstall
>>> fonts-dejavu-core". Now both Pd and [text2d] find their fonts, thanks!
>>>

>> hmm, you are experiencing a bug in the "gem" package as shipped with
>> Ubuntu.
>>
>> please report a bug against the "gem" package (using the `reportbug`
>> cmdline tool), describing your problem.
>>
> Never reported a bug before. Also never heard of the `reportbug` cmdline
> tool. I'm only aware of the "Report a bug" from Pd's help menu. Should I
> use that? I guess I should open a new ticket, right?

no.
when i said "use the 'reportbug' cmdline tool" i meant "please use the
'reportbug' cmdline" tool, like that:

     reportbug gem

'reportbug' is a tool installed on Debian and derivatives to report bugs
against system installed packages.
since the bug you are experiencing has nothing to do with Gem itself but
*only* with the "gem" package provided by your distribution, you should
report a bug with your distribution, and not on the pd-gem sourceforge
bugtracker (and not at all at the pure-data sourceforge bugtracker).

this is explained here

   https://help.ubuntu.com/community/reportbug

(ah yes, 'reportbug' is for reporting bugs against Debian, not
necessarily against ubuntu; since i believe that he bug is really in the
Debian packaging (Ubuntu usually doesn't add much on top of the Debian
packages), it should probably reported as I said)

gfmards
IOhannes