[PD] s~ & r~ with block size other than 64?

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Fri Feb 26 17:23:38 CET 2016

I think he rather meant that [s~] and [r~] doesn't need to check the vector size for each DSP cycle. The error message you're talking about is only thrown after creating [s~] or [r~] objects in a subpatch with blocksize != 64 AND everytime you set a "forbidden" blocksize dynamically with a message to [block~], so it *could* be that the check is only performed for such events and not for each DSP cycle. Although getting an error message for dynamically changing the blocksize rather implies a check for each DSP cycle... But I'm only making assumptions. Apart from possible performance optimations I can't see any reason for this restriction either!