[PD] what's the deal with [utime] object?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 27 16:49:14 CET 2016

> we should have switched to doubles long ago.
According to katja, that would trigger a zombie apocalypse in external land.
And the only way to tell the zombies from the survivors would be to... *gulp*...
actually read external library code.
Personally, I'd rather get eaten by a zombie than do that.
-Jonathan

    On Saturday, February 27, 2016 10:31 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

 On 02/27/2016 09:55 AM, William Huston wrote:
> I really wish Pd had a 32 bit integer data type for counters, and other
> places where integers are appropriate.

actually i strongly disagree: i think it is one of Pd's killer features
to have a single numeric type.

the only problem is that the actually used numeric type (single
precision floating point) is rather limited.
we should have switched to doubles long ago.

gfmdsar
IOhannes