[PD] partconv~ bug (was Re: s~ & r~ with block size other than 64?)

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Feb 28 23:33:37 CET 2016

On 02/28/2016 10:54 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:

>> On 02/27/2016 10:33 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
>>> by the way, partconv~ is buggy, we should fix it... I emailed bsaylor a
>>> couple of years ago and he said he didnt have time for it
>>
>> what's that bug?
>> has it been reported in some public place? why not?
>>

> I contacted ben saylor in private in 2014, thing is that it needs to
> receive a set message, otherwise it wont work with the specified array
> given as first argument.

i'm unable to reproduce the problem.
see attached patch (which uses some randomly painted IR to get some
coloured noise).

the initial colour of the noise (after starting the patch) is the same
as when i click on the "set" messagebox. it is also different from the
white noise.

looking at the source code, the problem you describe has been fixed
since at least 2006-02-07 (rev.4566, which is the initial revision,
where hans added partconv~ to the repository)

could you provide an example patch that triggers the problem?

gmdsar
IOhannes