[PD] How to check if a patch is vanilla

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Tue Mar 1 01:13:14 CET 2016

Hi,

On 27/02/16 19:05, Alessio Degani via Pd-list wrote:
> My goal is to find if a patch is vanilla compatible and, if not, which
> are the lib that I need to run it.

One of the ideas IOhannes and I were exploring was a way that Pd patch
authors could specify which externals their patches depend on, and Deken
could be asked to examine the list and fetch & install them
automatically. This could work kind of like Python's requirements.txt or
Ruby's Gemfile or npm's packages.json. The biggest issue to solve here
is probably what to do about multiple conflicting versions of a
particular external, but maybe the simplest way is to install those
dependencies into a directory local to the patch itself rather than
~/pd-externals - like Node's nodeenv or Python's virtualenv do.

Because sometimes the best machine intelligence available is human
intelligence.

Cheers,

Chris.

--