[PD] drag and drop plugins

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Mar 1 11:31:31 CET 2016

On 2016-03-01 10:21, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> On 2016-03-01 07:52, patrice colet wrote:
>> Attached is a script for creating an object if a pd file in search
>> folders is dragged on a canvas but it doesn't work. This is doing a kind
>> of loop when the plugin do
>>  pdsend "$mytoplevel obj $x $y <myDraggedObject>", the console complains
>> 1000x that the object is already loaded and finaly couldn't create. The
>> same command works when it's sent from a patch.
>>

> this pugin works for me however:
>
> - it only works for patches that are stored in my fully-qualified search
> path. e.g. i can drop "/home/frodel/pd-externals/foo.pd" but i cannot
> drop "/tmp/bar.pd" (unless i added "/tmp" to my search path).
>
> - it has the same offset-error as the original plugin, so it's not
> obvious that something has been dropped.

attached is a fixed version which will accept files from any directory
(and will try to use the search-paths to get proper objectnames)
it also accepts patches being dropped on the pdwindow (just like
jonathan's original plugin).

slight downer: it doesn't take local search paths (e.g. [declare -path
bla]) into account and might use full paths instead.

gmasdr
IOhannes