[PD] drag and drop plugins

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Tue Mar 1 15:49:12 CET 2016

Le 01/03/2016 11:31, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
> On 2016-03-01 10:21, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> On 2016-03-01 07:52, patrice colet wrote:
>>> Attached is a script for creating an object if a pd file in search
>>> folders is dragged on a canvas but it doesn't work. This is doing a kind
>>> of loop when the plugin do
>>>   pdsend "$mytoplevel obj $x $y <myDraggedObject>", the console complains
>>> 1000x that the object is already loaded and finaly couldn't create. The
>>> same command works when it's sent from a patch.
>>>
>> this pugin works for me however:

I've got pd-0.46.7 on Manjaro archlinux and it doesn't work for me, same
error with the fixed version.
there is no tkdnd package for archlinux, the aur version is dead, I've
compiled and installed this one:

https://github.com/petasis/tkdnd
>> - it only works for patches that are stored in my fully-qualified search
>> path. e.g. i can drop "/home/frodel/pd-externals/foo.pd" but i cannot
>> drop "/tmp/bar.pd" (unless i added "/tmp" to my search path).

This is exactly how I designed this plugin, glad it works for you, what
tkdnd version are you using?

>> - it has the same offset-error as the original plugin, so it's not
>> obvious that something has been dropped.
>>
> attached is a fixed version which will accept files from any directory
> (and will try to use the search-paths to get proper objectnames)
> it also accepts patches being dropped on the pdwindow (just like
> jonathan's original plugin).
>
> slight downer: it doesn't take local search paths (e.g. [declare -path
> bla]) into account and might use full paths instead.

Thank you for the fix!