[PD] libraries from extended sitll being maintained?

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Fri Mar 4 10:56:29 CET 2016

hello peter,

Le 04/03/2016 03:51, Peter P. a écrit :
> Hi Cyrille, list,
>
> * cyrille henry <ch at chnry.net> [2016-03-03 17:10]:
> [...]
>> sharemem is almost mandatory for anyone working with pd~, but it's younger than last pd-extended version.
> This one caught my attention! What does the object do? I didn't find it
> on a yesterday's svn update checkout.

https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/svn/HEAD/tree/trunk/externals/share_mem/

it allow to share table from 2 pd instance (or between pd and pd~).
i mostly use it as an efficient way to transfer audio from pd and pd~ (adding 64 sample latency).
the "official" way to transfer audio beween pd and pd~ use fudi, i.e there is a conversion from float to ascii and back to float that is very inefficient.

this object have been announced in this list the 1st november 2012, so nothing really new.

cheers