[PD] pd-extended keeps losing track of extras

oli_kester oli_kester at zoho.com
Wed Mar 9 16:11:48 CET 2016

 > Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 12:45:51 +0100
 > From: IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
 > To: pd-list at lists.iem.at
 > Subject: Re: [PD] pd-extended keeps losing track of extras
 >
 > On 2016-03-08 12:05, oli_kester wrote:
 > > I'm using pd-extended 0.43.4
 >
 > ...sigh...¹
 > ¹
 > http://lists.puredata.info/search?P=Pd-extended&DEFAULTOP=and&G=pd-list&SORT=0

Not sure what this is supposed to articulate - do you mean to say that the extras are no longer supported, and I shouldn't expect them to work properly? Explain please :)

 > > on 64-bit Xubuntu 14.04 LTS.
 > > This isn't to do with the issues pd-extended has running on 64-bit Linux is it?
 >
 > no. there are virtually no issues² with Pd-extended on 64-bit linux,
 > regardless of what the splash-screen says (the existance of the
 > splash-screen is probably the biggest issue with 64-bit).
 >
 > ² let's put it this way: there are not significantly more issues on
 > 64-bit than there are on 32-bit systems.

Good to hear the issues with 64-bit builds are not significant, that message actually put me off using it on Linux the first time I opened it!

Maybe only warn when someone attempts to add a potentially flaky plugin?

Cheers,

Oli