[PD] Wake up subpatches

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Mar 10 16:11:25 CET 2016

On 2016-03-10 16:01, Esteban Viveros wrote:
> Hahahaha... No [vis 1(  would have been my next question... :D
>
> What I need is someway to call a actualization of the pd window canvas (I
> guess), because I have a patch which lag to call a image. When I move the
> pd patch window, click in anything in it or move some object, the picture
> appear. So I thought to automate it behavior.. Make sense?

what you are describing is either a bug or a side-effect of trying to
message-throttling in the pd/pd-gui communication to avoid network
saturation.
if it's the latter, you probably have too much going on in your window.
try to reduce GUI-activity (e.g. do not update numberboxes/... every
millisecond, but limit the update rate to something sensible, like 50ms)

if nothing helps, you can force a redraw of the window by minimizing it
and then makint it visible again. this can be done very quickly, so try

[vis 0, vis 1(

fgam,f
IOhannes