[PD] Does pd find you a Job?

Servando servandisco at yahoo.es
Mon Mar 14 12:58:56 CET 2016

Lately there are a lot of rhetorical questions about pd  around…

Does pd find you a Job?

No, pd doesn’t ..  you do, with your skills…

But I always knew that Pd was the right choice to do.  I have done a 60 mts video installation inside of a tunnel,  several video mappings in a record time. almost “guerrilla mapping”. Hacked a 40’s telex machine, Made an interactive dance piece with several networked computers /cams /beamers  and made patches for a famous artist which found limitations in His Modular Synthesizers..   All of this with pd, and also Raspberry and Arduino.

I guess flexibility, Power, depth, stability, modularity, etc..  Are desirable characteristics in a tool of choice.  Also the fact that it’s Open Source, it really multiplies it’s capabilities.. And I know that I’m not a slave of any company owning the software and making the wrong things over and over again..

I don’t know of other software that can get even close to the “power” of pd..  (I know max, yes, and it will never be my tool of choice.)

“True freedom is impossible without a mind made free by discipline.”