[PD] installing pd-extended on debian (jessie)

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Mar 16 16:04:01 CET 2016

On 03/16/2016 12:55 PM, Martin Schneider wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> TLDR;
>
> I have trouble installing pd-extended from the debian repos.
>
> Long Version:
>
> I am trying to install the "pd-extended:i386" package on debian (jessie) on a 64 bit machine.
> It seems that the apt-release.conf file is wrong?

no not really.

> The file is located at:
> http://apt.puredata.info/releases/dists/jessie/apt-release.conf
>
> Inside the file it says:
> APT::FTPArchive::Release::Codename "wheezy”;

that's because the pd-extended deb is *really* for build for wheezy.
(and only incidentally made available for newer distributions, like jessie)

> As a result my apt / aptitude complains that there’s a distribution conflict.
> The pd-exnrended:i386 has dependencies on the packages "python-support”, and “ttf-dejadvu”,
> both of which don’t seem to be in the repos…
>
> How should I proceed?

- downgrade your system to Debian/wheezy?
- use one of the "nightly" builds for jessie [1] (which are *not* a
proper release, but are just a snapshot of the repository whenever the
build happened).
- don't use Pd-extended as it is unsupported and dead.

the only "fix" i could offer is to completely remove the
http://apt.puredata.info/releases/dists/jessie/ directory.

mgfrdsa
IOhannes

[1] http://apt.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/