[PD] Help Patches Layout

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 17:13:39 CET 2016

On Thu, 2016-03-17 at 15:49 +0000, Esteban Viveros wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm with Porres in Cyclone maintenance working on revision of some
> Help patches.
>

> The question is: Why count inlets and outlets from zero if Pd user
> have to call inlets and outlets from $1 $2 $3... ? For help patch user
> don't be more convenient enumerate inlets and outlets starting at
> number 1?

Inlets and outlets don't have any explicit numbering. Internally - in
the .pd file - they are numbered starting from 0, but this hasn't any
impact on how you specify them in the help-file.

The dollarargs ($1, $2, $3) do not relate to inlets at all, but to the
arguments given to an abstraction.

Am I addressing your question?

Roman