[PD] ASIO SDK

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 09:09:46 CET 2016

On Sam, 2016-03-19 at 19:03 +0000, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list wrote:
> Ok, thanks.
>

> As for the README-- they actually don't require the whole email dance
> to get the code anymore:
> http://www.steinberg.net/en/company/developers.html
>

> Not sure whether this means I can skip the dance if I'm distributing
> binaries
> build using that...

The included licensing agreement looks like if you're supposed to print
it, fill out the form, sign it and send it to Steinberg, though I
couldn't find any clear statement saying so.

Most of it looks reasonable and seems not to be hindering your use case
of including it in a Pd binary and make it available for download (I
don't need to mention I'm not a lawyer!), BUT:

from §3 1. b)

"b) In case the ASIO Driver Compliant Product is published without a
physical package (e.g. download), the Licensee shall display the ASIO
Logo and Steinberg’s copyrights notice on the Licensee’s website in the
context of the ASIO Driver Compliant Product."

Roman