[PD] zexy compilation issue with msys2

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 21:27:02 CET 2016

There's no way msys2 ships an out of date version of mingw.

Looking at the repo you linked, it appears pd-l2ork is pinned to an older
version of zexy-- one before that commit was applied.  So once I pull from
a more recent version this issue will go away-- no patches necessary. :)

Thanks,Jonathan

    On Sunday, March 20, 2016 3:58 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

 On 03/20/2016 08:43 PM, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list wrote:
> I don't know how to differentiate between mingw64 and msys2, so unfortunately I
> can't offer you a patch.

hmm, too bad.

anyhow, older versions of zexy included a dummy replacement for
_get_output_format(), but this has been dropped because it was no longer
needed for "newer" versions of mingw.
the commit-log says:

> commit fc2548593f90df6f18de3d0e80c3804da98a0e9d
> Author: IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at users.sourceforge.net>
> Date:  Wed Apr 22 21:32:58 2015 +0000
>
>    avoid redeclaration of _get_output_format()
>
>    newer MinGW ships it.
>    no idea how to detect this automatically

which suggests that the solution is to update your MinGW installatin
(though i don't know what version you would need).

a workaround might be to just patch rawprint.c to enable the fix
(rawprint.c:29)

gfmda
IOhannes