[PD] strange result with netsend/netreceive

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Sat Mar 26 00:12:49 CET 2016

Le 25/03/2016 23:52, Jack a écrit :
> What surprised me, it's that you can get a 'good' representation of
> [1000001( when you send it to [rawprint] (from zexy), but the same
> message sent through netsend/netreceive become [1000000(.
> I must therefore conclude that [rawprint] can get exactly 1000001 (and
> maybe netsend can too), but the couple /netsend/netreceive or netreceive
> can't give the right value ?

the is a diference between the float value, and it's pd representation.
pd representation is a bit less accurate than a 32bit float.
(see older thread on pd precision)

rawprint certainly print the float with full precision.
but netsend/netreceive use pd number representation.
If you use a network analyser, like wireshark, you'll see that 1000001 is send using "1e+06"
number are send in ascii.

> I hope i am enough clear.

you were clear enough,
it's just me that write only half of the answer the 1st time.