[PD] can signal inlets that aren't the main inlet have float or message methods?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 22:35:45 CEST 2016

Hi Derek,Have a look at the inlet_new code in m_obj.c. But after skimming it I don't see
any sensible way to achieve what you want.  I'd suggest just using the left-most
inlet with a sensible method name.
"Scope~" already has a capital "S" in the name for no _good_ reason, so it's not like the method space is the only discrepancy.

-Jonathan

    On Monday, March 28, 2016 3:06 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

 On 03/28/2016 01:27 AM, Derek Kwan wrote:
>> Are you really sure you want that? These days most Pd-users expect an implicit float-to-signal conversion. This might lead to unexpected (though well-defined) behaviour of your objects.
>> My advice is to not try hard to break the expectancy of your users.
>
> Hello,
>
> In normal circumstances, I'd be in 100% agreement with you, the user
> experience should be consistent throughout the entirety of PD. But in
> this situation I'm doing work for cyclone, [...]

yes, sorry.

i only realized that this was about a max/msp compat object after i sent
the email (and being virtually offline with only a mobile phone to type
emails, i decided to not amend my post)

mfdsar
IOhannes