[PD] pdvst new release : pd as plugin vst

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Apr 1 03:56:43 CEST 2016

On 01/04/16 03:39, Jean-Yves Gratius wrote:
> I have updated pdvst project from Joseph Sarlo and recompiled it (with
> mingw) for pd 0.46.7 and vst 2.4 specification.
 > https://sourceforge.net/projects/jygsdownloads/files/pdvst/

Wow, thank you so much!

 > I would like to release the source code, but I am not very familiar
with github and forks creation.
 > Any hints, where to publish ?
 >
 > I put src files and project here :
 > https://github.com/jyg/pure-data/tree/pdvst

In the libpd project, pure-data exists as a git submodule. You could
follow a similar approach with pdvst. This would mean you could keep the
updates to Pd cleanly separate from the PdVST sources.

https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Tools-Submodules
https://git-scm.com/docs/git-submodule

You can see in the file list here that the pure-data folder is a
submodule pinned at git commit f1e0d17:

https://github.com/libpd/libpd

tl;dr:

cd pdvst
git submodule add git at github.com:pure-data/pure-data.git pure-data

Thanks again for your work on this!

Cheers,

Chris.

PS feature request: ability to concatenate the .pdv and .pd files to the
.dll so that a single self-contained binary can be distributed. XD

--
http://mccormick.cx/