[PD] [PD-announce] Camomile: An audio plugin that loads Pure Data patches

Pierre Guillot guillotpierre6 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 00:52:50 CEST 2016

Thanks you all !

@phil The windows binaries are in the download section of the wiki or here:
https://github.com/pierreguillot/Camomile/wiki/How%20to%20use%20the%20plugin
.

> I can confirm Camomile works like a dream on OSX in ableton live with
multiple instances.
> Just one question about externals. Can they be us d successfully? I am
going to make a granulator
@patrick IOhannes is right. The support for the externals will be done in a
future version. Everything is explained here:
https://lists.puredata.info//pipermail/pd-dev/2016-03/020591.html.
And I'll be pleased to see your granulator !

@Olivier Thanks, I try to create a list of the tested DAW:
https://github.com/pierreguillot/Camomile/wiki/Feature.

> Pierre - this looks totally amazing. one question, though. is there any
> kind of plan for making it run as an Audio Unit plugin? or is that
> something i could conceivably use Juce to do? i'm on Logic mostly these
> days.
@scott Yes, the Audio Unit release is planned (normally this should be done
automatically). But I came across a stupid problem with the Audio Unit SDK
that prevent the compilation. I think it's a problem between two Juce
versions because with the last version this problem should be solved. So if
you use the introjucer and you activate the Audio Unit option, everything
should works. Tell me if there is any problem, I'll try to do it.

> i tried both of your synth examples in ableton live 9 on osx 10.11 and i
got the same issue on both:
> if sustain is set to anything else than zero, notes ring forever…(it does
not matter what the release parameter is set to)
@Simon The synthesizers are my first ones. I'm not a huge expert of MIDI so
if there are errors, they must be in the patch. I surely put wrong default
values for some parameters. Perhaps you should try to change the other
parameters like the attack parameter and the decay parameter. Or, give me
your configuration, I'll try it. To test the MIDI, you should try
camo.floyd that is really simple and based on Miller's patch so it should
work better.

I hope I answered to everybody. Thanks a lot for the feedbacks ! If you
have any request or a question feel free to post a issue (the best is to
use GitHub but I know that everybody doesn't use it so this list is also
good). I'm also in the testing/experiment part so I didn't investigate all
the possible uses.

All the best