[PD] webpage to xml

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Apr 4 12:17:25 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-02 12:12, Csaba Láng wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> is there any option to convert automatically webpage content to xml in PD?
> I would like to create some interactive installations based on web content,
> and still looking for a simple way.

how do you convert webpage content to XML in *any language*?

attached is a very simplistic example, exploiting the underspecification
of your problem space.

the patch uses mrpeach/net and mrpeach/binfile to demonstration purposes
(fetching the HTML from a live website, saving the XML to a file), but
the actual "conversion" is done in Pd-vanilla.

i haven't tested it excessively, but the conversion i did test (the one
encoded into the example patch) validates as correct XML.

gfmasdr
IOhannes