[PD] objects with no alphanumerical names, how to build them?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 23:42:12 CEST 2016

howdy, I know I kinda asked about this before on the list, but now I'm
really committed to understanding and building objects with "weird
character" names, like [==~].

I built some new objects with alphanumerical names like [equals~] and now I
wanna know how to compile them like that.

I first tried making a second name - or an "alias" - for [equals~], but it
didn't seem to work. I can get [==~] to instantiate as an alias, but only
after I first instantiate it as "[equals~]". So, is that because of
something I did, or it's just possible for these kind of characters?

Anyway, I see that in zexy we successfully have objects like that. So a few
questions...

I'm specifically talking about the version I found via deken, as:
*zexy-v0-0extended-(Darwin-*
*i386-32)(Darwin-PowerPC-32)(Darwin-x86_64-32)-externals.tar*

Is this the one available from last released extended (0.43?).

If so, is the source code in here?
https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/svn/HEAD/tree/branches/pd-extended/0.43/externals/zexy/src/

I'm assuming so, but I'd like to confirm.

And why do you have both 0x3e0x7e.pd_darwin and >~.pd_darwin in the deken
download? which is the "real one"?

I only see one 0x3e0x7e.c code in the source I link above btw, I'm assuming
it generates both.

Anyway, I needed to understand what are the issues and what do you have to
do to make it happen, and then, well, I guess I can look into this zexy
structure to better understand it.

cheers
thanks