[PD] objects with no alphanumerical names, how to build them?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 10:08:20 CEST 2016

On Mon, 2016-04-04 at 18:42 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> howdy, I know I kinda asked about this before on the list, but now I'm
> really committed to understanding and building objects with "weird
> character" names, like [==~].

Speaking as user, please don't. Don't find out about it, don't create
such externals, don't distribute them. The world was fine before
Pd-extended split up perfectly working libraries into
single-object-per-file libraries that required stuff like hexloader
exactly because of the very issue you seem to show interest in. Although
it technically worked, hexloader was not loaded per default and this
meant that some objects of a library simply worked, while others didn't
until hexloader got loaded and it confused the hell out of people.

Now that we have a chance to get rid of all hexloader related kludges,
now you come and bring it up again. If you're simply interested in
knowing how things work technically, fine. If you plan to work on such
externals, puulleeaaazzzzzeee reconsider for the sake of the sanity of
this community.

Thanks,
Roman