[PD] [PD-announce] Camomile: An audio plugin that loads Pure Data patches

Pierre Guillot guillotpierre6 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 10:36:25 CEST 2016

> Hey Pierre,
>

> funnily it only gets recognized as instrument when before added as an
> effect, I realized now.
>
> I dont know what differences renoise does with vst / vsti...
>
> Some plugins in renoise also show all possible controll values in the gui
> of renoise and then you can assign midi controller channels with it.
>
> Camomile doesnt show its parameters in renoise gui. But if it has access
> to the midi it might be possible to root it via pd.
>

> How can i access the host midi? I tried ctlin but got no signals there. Is
> there a send for those like $0-octave or $0-playhead?
>

> Cheers...

Normally, all this stuff should work. How to use the playhead informations
and the MIDI events is explained here:
https://github.com/pierreguillot/Camomile/wiki/How%20to%20create%20patches%20for%20the%20plugin
https://github.com/pierreguillot/Camomile/wiki/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions
Renoise must have a very specific way to handle MIDI. I can compile a VST
and VSTi for the next release (that's not a big deal), perhaps it will be
better. I also planned to compile a LV2 plugin, perhaps this will solve
this problem. I keep you in touch if you want.
Cheers