[PD] objects with no alphanumerical names, how to build them?

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 17:11:30 CEST 2016

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Now I have an object that is compiled as [==~], it's not part of a
> library, and it loads and works on pd vanilla 0.46-7 64 bits, pd vanilla 0.46-7
> 32 bits and also Pd-Extended 0.42-5 (*without* the need of the
> [hexloader] object by the way). All you need is the ==~.pd_darwin object
> in a search path.
>

> Speaking and thinking as a user, I think it is easy and great to have a
> working and compiled object that just loads and works, so that is what I 'm
> after.
>
> But anyway, yeah, I wanna know what are the dangers and all...

You're lucky that OSX accepts filenames like ==~.pd_darwin. Will it also
accept *~.pd_darwin? Or <~.pd_darwin?
Usually objects with weird names (names that are illegal as file names)
need to be set up in a library first, so that their names can be registered
without Pd having to search the filesystem for them.

Martin