[PD] objects with no alphanumerical names, how to build them?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:21:31 CEST 2016

> You're lucky that OSX accepts filenames like ==~.pd_darwin. Will it also
> accept *~.pd_darwin? Or <~.pd_darwin?

Yeah Martin, I can name the .pd_darwin objects to almost whatever, I've
been testing here and the only problem so far is a file containing ":" or
starting with a "." - but even something like ¿~.pd_darwin is fine :)

What OS are you on? And what is the deal there?

And, like I've been saying, I downloaded
*zexy-v0-0extended-(Darwin-i386-32)(Darwin-PowerPC-32)(Darwin-x86_64-32)-externals.tar*

it has compiled objects as <~.pd_darwin but also 0x3c0x7e.pd_darwin

not sure how that is for another OS, can you tell me what happens in yours?

Anyway, I got my cues from the code in zexy to compile a ==~ object and I'm
pretty sure it will work for other things like <~ and whatever here on Mac
Os, but I haven't tried another yet (will do soon).

cheers