[PD] objects with no alphanumerical names, how to build them?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 21:13:40 CEST 2016

I'd like to make a Request for Peer Pressure:
Externals should only use alphanumeric characters and the underscore character.
Exceptions are: classes that should have long ago shipped with Vanilla, classes to gain compatibility with Max/MSP,
domain-specific operators for a monolithic external library (i.e., one where you're probably going to load the entire
library rather than individual classes from it), and legacy pd-extended bunk.
So learning about hexloader is good, maintaining zexy/cyclone is good, documenting problem characters on
various OSes is good, shipping an external with a creator ":)" is bad.
-Jonathan