[PD] creating an object class with an alias name

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 00:16:13 CEST 2016

You can use class_addcreator to associate any symbol you want with
an object creator.  Then when the user types that symbol into an object
box, it will call the constructor you supplied as an argument to
class_addcreator.
However, the same request for peer pressure applies here: outside of
the cases where aliases are already entrenched, don't use them.  The
small benefit of less typing (or fancy method-sharing) isn't worth the
user-headaches when they fail to instantiate the object.
-Jonathan