[PD] Externals built with MSYS2/MinGW won't load

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 7 17:20:16 CEST 2016

Hi Christof,

> I should add that I followed the steps given here:
>
> https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-06/051560.html

2007 is quite a long time ago. I have success with this description:
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/WindowsMinGW, but this is 32-bits.
Is there a special reason for compiling for 64-bits? I noticed 32-bits
excutables works ok on a 64-bits Windows. And all externals at deken are
32-bits...

> However, "-export_dynamic" gave me:
>
> C:\msys64\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: warning: cannot find entry symbol xport_dynamic; defaulting to 10001000
>
> trying "-E" and "--export-dynamic":

Some time ago the gmu compiler switched to '--export-dynamic' for this
option.

> C:\msys64\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: warning: --export-dynamic is not supported for PE targets, did you mean --export-all-symbols?
>

> so I tried with "--export-all-symbols" and this worked for obj1.c and obj2.c. I can't, however, see why it doesn't work for obj3.c as the difference to obj2.c is rather marginal (adds an outlet and a state variable).
>
> Any hints are greatly appreciated!

About the previous errors; make really dislikes spaces in paths. Try it
with paths without spaces.

Greetings & success,

Fred Jan