[PD] building extras on arm7 (CHIP)

Peter Nyboer pnyboer at slambassador.com
Thu Apr 7 19:05:26 CEST 2016

> why do you build Pd in /usr/local/lib in the first place?
>
> the straightforward way would be:
> - extract Pd sources somewhere in your home-directory (e.g.
> /home/peter/src/pd-0.46-6)
> - cd into that directory and build Pd

Yes, that is what I did, more or less. Complete details are here:
http://docs.getchip.com/#building-and-installing-puredata-pd-on-chip
But in brief:
./autogen.sh
./configure --disable-portaudio --disable-portmidi --no-recursion
cd src
make clean
make -f makefile.gnu
sudo make -f makefile.gnu install

So I didn’t specifically build such that the pd extras are installed in in /usr/local/lib, that was a result of the make process.
"which pd” returns “/usr/local/bin/pd”, in case you are curious. I’m not running it from the build directory.

HOWEVER, I now realize the folly of my ways. In order to get the extra objects built I need to run “make install” from ~/pd-0.46-7/extra/ directory, not from the “extra” directory in /usr/local/bin.

Anyway, my puredata is now happily working with expr, sigmund~, choice, et al. Thanks for the help!

Peter