[PD] pdlv2: generate lv2 plugins from pd patches

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 17:08:19 CEST 2016

Its interesting that Camomile and the updated pdvst were announced in these
past weeks as I've been working on pdlv2, a wrapper/parser the generates
lv2 plugins from pd patches.

https://github.com/x37v/pdLV2/

Its a work in progress, I'm not announcing a 'release' at this time, but
its definitely usable and I'd love feedback, help with more example
patches, help with new features, etc.

It does audio, control and midi: in and out.
No GUI yet, though many hosts provide a default GUI [Ardour, jalv, .. ..]
Tested/developed on Linux, I don't have lv2 running on Mac so I'm not sure
if it would work there or not, I haven't heard of people using it on
Windows...

Basically the workflow is this: you create a patch that has one or more of:
[inlet~], [outlet~], [send $1-lv2-blah], [receive $1-lv2-blah2], midi input
or output objects
And some a couple messages to define the name and unique URI for your
plugin.
You then save this patch in a directory in the pdlv2 'plugins' directory
and call the patch 'plugin.pd'.
Then you run 'make', this runs a script that parses your patch to figure
out how to wrap it as an lv2 plugin, then writes the files it needs to do
that and builds the lv2 plugin.

Anyways, if you're interested take a look at the github link above, feel
free to email me at my personal email: alex at x37v.info, or contact xnor on
freenode/#dataflow

-Alex