[PD] pd and HiDPI

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 18:21:17 CEST 2016

What do "canvas coordinates" have to do with "menus and dialogs"?  Also, for a potential "canvas zoom" keep in mind that [canvas scale] doesn't affect text.
Orm: it's been awhile, but I think "ttk" widgets are the ones that are "themable" using Tk's half-baked, barely-documented theming engine.  The [tk scaling] documentation implies that it should affect the scaling of all physical units.
It shouldn't affect the canvas font sizes because those are specified as pixel sizes.  (I say "shouldn't" because there's a bug when you print out
a tk canvas to postscript, so the tk scaling factor actually affects that ps output.)
As far as actual support for HiDPI, I'm going to rankly speculate that tk has none.
-Jonathan