[PD] $0-abstraction question

Liam Goodacre liamg_uw at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 8 19:03:02 CEST 2016

One solution is to give each abstraction instance its own ID number from within the patch, bypassing $0. Ie. if you do this:

[loadbang]

[value load] x [+ 1]

[s $0-my-number]

you will generate unique numbers (1, 2, 3...) for each instance, according to creation order.

Things get complicated here when you decide to delete one of the instances and then save the patch--all of the subsequent numbers will be off when you re-load. You can probably get around this by having them all re-calculate every time one is loaded.