[PD] Missing objects/methods in Pd WAS: objects with no alphanumerical names, how to build them?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 21:06:51 CEST 2016

> On Apr 8, 2016, at 12:14 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com> wrote:

> It makes more sense to have a solid, slim core which you can add functionality to -> externals (...) deken will make this relatively painless once the next Pd release comes out.
>
> so, what do we expect to change in the new release? and how painless would it be?
>
> a quite painless scenario for me would be that "deken" already comes in vanilla, and when you find an external it downloads and unzip the folder into pd vanilla's extra :)

Actually, deken has been in the pd vanilla git master branch for a few months now. Thus it will be part of the next major release (0.47). Also by then, there should be an “extended” meta package that will install a majority (if not all) of the externals that came with extended. So yes, that painless scenario has already been in the works for some time now. I’m not sure how you missed it on the list already :)

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>