[PD] [PD-announce] [ot] new hardware synth // technical thought about real time in embedded system

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 20:23:38 CEST 2016

Bad. Ass.

I definitely agree. The first thing I do is remove the UI and run straight on the console, but even then it’s still a decent amount of work to tune what is running in the OS to get what you want.

It’s exciting to see platforms like Arduino reach a point to where you can write realtime synthesis stuff that would have taken an FPGA 10 years ago.

Great work. Also great to see how ubiquitous DSP algorithms written in C can be!

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>