[PD] waveform randomizer

S.E.P. dreamoftheshoreofanotherworld at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 07:17:27 CEST 2016

Hello AP,

Thanks for sharing your patch. I like how, by rewriting the wave-form
gradually, it allows for a gradual transition from a purer, sine-like sound
to a grittier, more metallic sound. I wonder if it's necessary to have both
a "randomization" and a "smoothness" controller, as they seem to be
affecting the same parameters, i.e. putting both controllers up high and
putting both down low produces similar results. Making the wave-form more
random seems to make it less smooth at the same time and vice-versa.

You also need some kind of volume-scaler. When producing more randomized
waves, the amplitude quickly became too loud and I had to lower the [~*.5]s
to [~*.1]. This probably has something to do with the randomized wave-forms
falling well outside of your arrays' boundaries (of -1 to 1).

Best,
Elliot