[PD] Dynamics Envelope Patch

S.E.P. dreamoftheshoreofanotherworld at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 07:35:37 CEST 2016

Dear List,

I've made this module to allow for stochastic variation of dynamic
envelopes. It allows you to choose between three envelope types or
determine the probability of each occuring. With the "ran"(dom) setting,
the envelope lengths can be determined autonomously, or you can input a
bang (third inlet) to coordinate the envelopes with other modules.

Depending on the length of the envelope, I can sometimes hear the low
"resolution" of the "moderate" and particularly the "sharp" envelope, as
they are only a three-point approximation of a curve. I can add more points
of course, though, ideally, I should probably add a mechanism that takes
the length of the envelope into consideration when determining the amount
of points and the proportions of the envelope. Of course, if there are
already excellent abstractions out there of which I'm unaware, I'd be happy
if you could share them with me, so that I can avoid (further) re-inventing
the wheel.

N.B: Open demo.pd to test the module.

Best regards,
S. E.

P.S. It's possible that I've re-invented the wheel in multiple ways in this
module, e.g. in the probability determination found in [dynamics]>[pd
envelope_type]>[pd envelope_type_pool_and probability]. Any advice
regarding pre-existing objects is appreciated.