[PD] Good Time Stretching patches/advice?

S.E.P. dreamoftheshoreofanotherworld at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 19:01:32 CEST 2016

Hey, thanks for your replies.

@Jaime Oliver I've tried the phase vocoders. They works well, though the
sound does become more artificial the lower the speed is, e.g. more
metallic with a contrabass sound. I really need an infinite stretch though.
If I go ahead and use [I07.phase.vocoder.pd], do I need to modify it so
that it reverses its reading of the array once the end is reached, or so it
cross-fades into a rewind, or is there a better solution?

@michaelnoble I've also tried using [soundtouch~] for time stretching as
demonstrated in its help file, but slowing down the playback and
transposing it up leads to a very grainy, uncharacteristic sound.