[PD] waveform randomizer

AP Vague apvague at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 10:31:39 CEST 2016

You're right.

The "smoothness" was meant to create less "jagged" waveforms that still
contain randomization. I used the [line] object to make the random
additions/subtractions function gradually as opposed to value-by-value, but
I was off in terms of how long the ramps should happen in milliseconds. The
newer edit adds a scale to make the [line] make sense within the "speed"
parameter.

I also altered some math and added [min] and [max] to make the waveforms
always within -1 to 1. This adds some "clipping" effects, but the patch is
based on creating interesting waveforms in the first place so I think this
is an ok addition.

I think overall the version 2 patch works better, and I hope others can use
it! Please offer whatever feedback you might have.

~A