[PD] Generate a Gaussian curve

Liam Goodacre liamg_uw at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 17 08:52:44 CEST 2016

Hi all

This is basically just a maths problem. I'm looking to fill an array with a  Gaussian curve and be able to control the sigma value (and any other relevant variables), but my math skills aren't good enough! I tried this, based off of the standard function listed on Wikipedia:

expr $f2 * pow (2.71828, -(($f1-$f3)^2/(2*$f4^2)))

but there must be a mistake because I'm not getting the right curve.

Can anyone help?

(NB: The point is to find a replacement for the [gauss] external, using the nice new [array random] function).

Liam