[PD] Can someone clarify how to use libraries with Pd-vanilla on OSX

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 23:35:39 CEST 2016

> On Apr 18, 2016, at 3:18 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> that's what I did and it worked
> - in my system, deken has downloaded selected lib (say maxlib) into ~/Library/Pd
> - and then go to Preferences>Path and add the directory of the lib you've downloaded
> - click apply
> - and create the object say |maxlib/average|

To avoid duplicate errors, etc do basically the same thing without adding the library path itself:

* add the single  ~/Library/Pd directory path
* create the object with the lib name aka maxlib/average

Is there a way in vanilla to add a dir that pd can search within like extra? In this case, we’d want -lib maxlib to work within the given ~/Library/Pd. I know there was some development around this but I don’t remember if it was on this specific issue or not.

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>