[PD] raspberry pi 3 with OpenGL

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 16:10:25 CEST 2016

On Tue, 2016-04-19 at 14:32 +0200, Csaba Láng wrote:
> Dear list,
>

> did anyone try to compile GEM on the RPi 3 with activated OpenGL on
> it?
> I am curious if it can handle 3D graphics with the [model] object and
> lights.

I happen to have access to one with Raspbian Jessie pre-installed. I
installed the package 'gem' from the repos for a quick test. When I load
any help-file and start gemwin, CPU load goes up to 70%, but the geo
appears. When I turn 'lighting' on in the light-help.pd, the gemwin goes
dark.

Don't know, if I would have to tune something on the system or if I'd
have to compile Gem on the box...

Roman