[PD] time travelling with AKM320 and Pd

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 20:19:18 CEST 2016

    > On Thursday, April 21, 2016 1:17 PM, Jaime Oliver <jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I should say that while aconnect works fine mostly, there are a lot of issues with running it. The main one is that it doesn’t seem to show current connections, just available devices, also, often it will stop working (with no apparent reason) and the device needs to be unplugged and plugged in again.
I don’t know if connecting from Pd would solve these issues, but that would be a reason to bother.

Looking at the acconnect code as well as the Pd diff that got rid of the autoconnect code, it looks like it's
pretty easy to list i/o port info.

> I however, don’t know either if this is an issue for anybody else…
It'd be helpful to know whether it's a general issue or not.  If it is a general issue then Pd will almost
certainly inherit those problems if I add the functionality I want.  aconnect is about as simple a wrapper
around alsa's API as you can get.

(> and !>) best,